So overall the Grammys might not have been the best, but some pretty great things happened for the music and fashion culture. Here are the most important things I took away from the night.
1. Let’s just get this one out of the way, Beyonce and Jay-Z remain Queen & King of the Music Industry. Their scandalous performance of Drunk Love was AH-mazing. Queen Bey looked incredible, and the two of them together is MAGIC. They danced, they sang, and they set the bar way too high for the rest of the night. They show that having babies doesn’t mean you need to be boring and unsexy-keep on keepin on; if anything they’re sexier than ever! Now all we need is a whole album of collaboration from them..
Youtube doesn’t have a good quality video up so WATCH HERE over and over again.
2. Back Detail Is More Relevant Than Ever and White Is The New Black. I’m a sucker for back detail when it comes to fashion, especially gowns; and my top looks from the night all incorporated this element. I also loved seeing all the white on the red carpet, battling the classic black dress trend
Beyonce stole the night all around. It’s white..lace..and has an open back..I am completely obsessed with this Michael Costello gown. Perfect.
Paris made it on some best and worst dressed lists. I personally love the Haus of Milani look, it’s white with the sheer back elements as well.
Kelly Osbourne might have stuck to black-but she had amazing back detail, including a necklace! I’ve always been into wearing belts backwards but this is a look I have yet to try-love it.
3. Pharrell is the coolest. You can’t lie, his hat was awesome and the most original piece of fashion, that’s real world wearable, we’ve seen in a while. After it’s appearance on the red carpet, it even received it’s own twitter account. Oh and Pharrell was behind some of this years best music including Daft Punk’s Album Of The Year win!
4. Lorde won two Grammys. You may have ended up hating her song Royals after hearing it on every genre of radio station every 10 minutes, but that is a serious accomplishment. Her first album, first single-was stuck in everyone’s heads this year…and she just celebrated her 17th birthday. She’s awesome and you can’t deny it. I’m looking forward to more Lorde beats.
5. Taylor Swift didn’t win album of the year. The shock on her face was priceless, and I bet many of you at home were shocked too. She rarely doesn’t win what she’s nominated for. And although I can be a sucker for some Taylor Swift, I agree this wasn’t her best album and Daft Punk definitely deserved the win. I think music is moving in the right direction again