I had a brief 3 day love affair with DC & I will never forget it. I hadn’t been to the city since I was a pre-teen & it was strictly a touristy visit. It’s cool to go back to a place you’ve been to before & experience it in a whole new way. It was even better because I got to spend some quality time with college friends I hand’t seen in way too long! I spent Friday night as 1/2 of a starry night shot, Saturday getting let into an awesome private costume party, thanks to an incredibly kind door man-where we danced the night away & Sunday closing it out with some yummy food and classic DC sights.
I really loved the overall vibe of the city-the people, the different neighborhoods, the nightlife, the food. It’s one giant melting pot of different cultures & lifestyles. Being there for Halloween definitely added a whole new element of fun, but I’m pretty sure it would have been just as great of time otherwise. If you’re headed to DC anytime soon I hope this gives you some guidance on what to do, or inspires you to make a trip!
DC officially has a little piece of my heart
- Busyboys & Poets: Super cool atmosphere and concept. Everything looked amazing but their Nachos are to die for. I may or may not have had them twice during my 3 day visit
- Masa 14: Brunch is an essential part of the city lifestyle. & this brunch was AH-Mazing. I highly suggest doing their unlimited deal & make sure you get the Bacon fried rice, it is life changing. Weather permitting, you must sit on the rooftop!
- Dolcezza: I’m a gelato freak and this place was top of the line. My combination of chocolate & pear was heaven in a cup
- Pizzaria Paradiso: Great place to grab some Gluten Free pizza real quick or have it delivered. Always a travel staple
Things To Do:
- Go shopping. SO many great places. Make sure to include Miss Pixies vintage shop
- Get brunch (At Masa 14, or one of other hundreds of options) & then go exploring and visit the monuments. Everything is a little better with a cocktail or two
- Go to Policy Restaurant and Lounge late night for great music & dancing
- Take a booze cruise on the river-something we didn’t end up doing but hope to in the future