I’ve really made it a point this past year to treat my hair better. I’ve been coloring it various shades since I was 12 and am all about blow drying, straightening, curling-you name it, my hair’s been through a lot. Ever since upping my hair product and tool game I’ve gotten so many compliments on its health & people have noticed how fast it’s growing. Here are my top hair product picks:
1. Coconut Oil is your hair’s best friend. Make a homemade hair mask using coconut oil. There are a ton of different variations, but I typically heat it up to liquify it and then mix it with equal parts olive oil. I then apply it about 2 inches from my roots and below for a half hour. It takes about 2 washes to completely get out (I typically wash it once & wear it in a braid until washing it again) but it makes my hair insanely soft for days and is very nutritious.
2. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum is a frizz miracle worker. I put it on my hair half way through blow drying or even when completely dry for a silky finish.
3. Chroma Thermique is the #1 important hair product I have. I drastically noticed a difference in my hair when I started using it. I apply a dime size amount to my wet hair. It protects against all heat damaging things you may do. I have less split ends and silkier hair. And the bottle lasts a really long time since you use such a small amount!
4. This Jose Eber Infared is the best hair dryer ever. No explanation needed.
5. Caroline Chu Pinot Noir Shampoo & Conditioner is amazing. The smell, how it makes my hair feel, everything about it. I suggest only using it sometimes though, it’s always good to vary your shampoo and conditioners. I love Dove and Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioners as well.
6. Lastly, it may seem cliche, but take your vitamins. If you want to take biotin or other special vitamins for your hair then go for it, but some studies show that stuff isn’t good for you & can have weird affects with hair growing in places you don’t want. I just stick to the classic multi vitamin and try and eat healthy.